I woke up extra early this morning to bake some bread for my lovely roomate and bestie friend Haley. It was tricky because she was still at home, and it was for a surprise party. The theme of the party was "tea and bees", so I found a recipe for this focaccia bread that had honey in it. Garlic honey focaccia bread with rosemary and roasted bell pepper. It was delicious! Pictures, and recipe below..
I specifically bought this corn meal, because it had a native american on it :)
* - 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 package fast-rising yeast
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup water
* 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon honey
* 1 Tablespoon olive oil
* 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic
* 6 Tablespoons chopped roasted red bell pepper, drained
* 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1. In large bowl, combine 2 cups flour, undissolved yeast and salt. Heat water, 1/4 cup honey and oil until very warm (120° to 130°F); stir into dry ingredients. Stir in garlic and enough remaining flour to make soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
2. Divide dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each to 4 x 5-inch oval. Sprinkle 2 large baking sheets with cornmeal. Place dough pieces on sheets. Sprinkle each piece with 1 Tablespoon roasted pepper and 1/4 teaspoon rosemary. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
3. Bake at 400°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until done. Warm remaining 1 Tablespoon honey; drizzle on top of focaccias. Remove from sheets; cool on wire rack.